[wingide-users] locations-in-editor menu

Jonathan March JDM at MarchRay.net
Sun May 9 14:14:04 MDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com>wrote:

> robert rottermann wrote:

>>> The command name is run-to-cursor and you could bind that to a key
>>> with the Keyboard / Custom Key Bindings preference.
>>>
>>>  thanks, but i wonder, why this is not bound by default..
>> as it is used in any and every debug session ..
>> and simulated by setting/removing a breakpoint.
>> at least by me..
>>

> I think it's just a combination of what we did initially (which was based
> on loose standards for debugging F keys as defined by various other IDEs)
> and the fact that nobody has ever requested this before.
>
> If you want to suggest an F key that is free and logical for this function
> based on the existing debugger F key bindings then I could add it to our
> defaults.

I am also keyboard-oriented and use run-to-cursor often. In fact
run-to-cursor was the very first key binding that I customized. FWIW, I used
Alt+F5.

That said, I would be cautious about messing around with default bindings.
It is so easy for users to customize key bindings that one person's free key
is another's "already taken" key.

Unless there is an outpouring of support for this request, it would seem
more practical for the OP just to set up his own binding for this command.