[wingide-users] Re: locations-in-editor menu

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri May 7 08:03:38 MDT 2010

David Taylor wrote:
> This is a *very* minor nit, but it might be a minor fix. When I'm working on
> a long module, I make extensive use of the button that lets me jump to the
> various definitions. That's much more convenient than going to the project
> tab and then restoring it's previous setting. But depending on where I am in
> the file, I often have to scroll that pop-up menu to get to methods that are
> in the early part of the file. This feature would be a lot more convenient
> if clicking the button just brought up *all* the choices rather than a local
> subset. Maybe it's just a parameter limiting the length of the menu. If so,
> make it bigger; there's loots of room. If necessary, let it cover the entire
> editor; when I click that button, the only thing I'm looking at is the list
> of choices.

I know the menu that comes up is sometimes scrolled oddly -- it is
insisting on starting w/ the current location selected and thus doesn't
always show all it could.  We'll try to improve this after upgrading the
GUI toolkit we're based on (there are a slew of such things that
hopefully will happen at that time).

It may not help but if you right click on that menu you can select Sort
Symbol Menus in File Order to change from alphabetical to actual order
in the source code.