[wingide-users] Keyboard shortcuts don't work when in non-English language

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Sat May 1 20:14:13 MDT 2010

This is a little quirkiness of Wing that annoys me from time to time. This
is low priority.

I'm an Israeli, and I have a Windows system with two languages, English and
Hebrew. Sometimes English is the active language, and then the keyboard
types English letters, and sometimes Hebrew is active, and then the keyboard
types Hebrew letters.

When using keyboard shortcuts, such as Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V for copy and paste,
you do not have to switch to English. Even if you're on Hebrew, and you
press Ctrl-C, even though the "C" button would actually register the Hebrew
letter ב, any Windows app will still register the Ctrl-C call and do "copy".

What I'm saying is that Wing doesn't. If you're in a non-English language,
it won't recognize keyboard shortcuts, even though every Windows program
does.

Ram.