[wingide-users] Wing Freezing with two instances open

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 10:31:01 MDT 2010

On 31/03/2010 17:21, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On 3/31/10 12:10 PM, Michael Foord wrote:

>>> Could you try 2 xterms? Or maybe a standard X11 app with menus?
>>>

>> It could be a problem with the obsolete version of GTK you ship of
>> course?
>
> Possibly, though backwards compatibility is usually a pretty high
> priority with X11 servers -- the notion that old clients should work
> with new servers is pretty important.  Apple cares less about X11,
> though I'm sure the developers actually working on it care.

I was only being rude. :-)

Further curiousness - the problem only happens when I switch windows
using Cmd-`   (backtick), and it happens if I have two instances of xman
as well. So it looks like it is a weird X11 bug. I can run two instances
of Wing and click between the windows and it works fine, Cmd-` and it
freezes. The problem is that this is in my muscle memory for switching
between windows. *sigh*

I'll report it to the XQuartz guys though.

Thanks,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/