[wingide-users] Wing Freezing with two instances open

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 09:43:56 MDT 2010

On 31/03/2010 16:37, Michael Foord wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a new and weird problem. This started after I installed Mac OS
> X 10.6.3, which may or may not be a coincidence. Updating to XQuartz
> 2.5.0 hasn't fixed the problem.
>
> If I run a second instance of Wing (started from the command line)
> then Wing freezes (both instances). The cursor is blinking (so it
> doesn't look frozen visually) but the windows don't respond to input.
> Switching which instance is active through the X11 interface makes no
> difference. Killing the second instance then causes the other one to
> become responsive again.

Hmmm... the freeze only happens when I switch focus back to the *first*
instance. i.e. creating the second instance works fine, but *both*
freeze once I switch back to the first one.

Whenever I start wing from the command line the following is output (has
been for a while - no recent change):

     (wing.py:5186): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

     (wing.py:5186): Gdk-WARNING **: cannot set locale modifiers

The command I use to start wing from the command line is:

     /Second/Applications/WingIDE.app/Contents/MacOS/wing --new
/compile/empty.wpr

All the best,

Michael

--