[wingide-users] Color picker plugin

Ken Kinder kkinder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 00:18:35 MDT 2010

This code could/should probably be a lot better, but I don't know much
about pygtk. It adds a "colorpicker" command that lets you choose a
color in a gtk color chooser, then inserts it into your editor in
#rrggbb format. If you have a color selected (anything parsable by
gtk.gdk.color_parse standards), it uses that as a starting point.

I just got tired of frequently hopping over to a web browser and
googling "color picker".

Just dump it in your scripts directory (~/.wingide3/scripts on *nix),
run reload-scripts, and you're good to go. I didn't add it to any GUI
menus -- you just have to know the command.