[wingide-users] GTK us. WX

Avner Ben avner at skilldesign.com
Sat Mar 27 05:43:42 MDT 2010

Wingware Support wrote:

> > I might still select GTK over wxPython or Qt for some things -- it has
> > very good write-once-works-anywhere since it doesn't have different back
> > ends in quite the way as wx.  This is huge when it comes to testing and
> > releasing code.

That relies on short-term memory.

You may have forgotten my complaints a couple of years ago about Wing-IDE not supporting the Tablet-PC pen interface. (The answer was "we can't to that; we use GTK"). On the contrary, WX gets the pen interface for free, where present, because they rely on the native GUI.

	Avner.