[wingide-users] question

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Fri Mar 26 12:05:28 MDT 2010

On 1:59 PM, Avner Ben wrote:
> Marcin Krol wrote:
>
>> The reason I'm asking is that I recently created a few apps using
>> wxPython and I came to the conclusion that I like this toolkit a lot.
>
> I also thought that way. Now I am stcuk with Python 2.6 because the
> guys at Wx don't think it is important to upgrade to Python 3.
>
>     Avner.

Well, that's flame bait. For the most part, wxPython is compiled by one
man and he has been working on a new way to create the bindings for wx
so that we can better support the Python 2.x series and the 3.x series.
If it was as simple as running 2to3 and tweaking a few things, I'm sure
he would have already added that to the build process. See the roadmap
for more info:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/TentativeRoadmap

Feel free to dig into the code and help out.

--
*Mike Driscoll*

Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org