[wingide-users] question

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 06:44:30 MDT 2010

Hello,

I have a question regarding your choice of GTK as windowing toolkit: why
did you choose it over other portable windowing toolkits such as
wxWindows/wxPython for creating Wing IDE?

The reason I'm asking is that I recently created a few apps using
wxPython and I came to the conclusion that I like this toolkit a lot.

This got me thinking over your reasons to select GTK over other
toolkits, where you presumably may have encountered some trouble or
"can't do this" situations; care to write a few sentences on your decision?

--

Regards,
mk

--
Premature optimization is the root of all fun.