[wingide-users] tab should ignore indentation of preceding commented out lines

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 12:32:12 MDT 2010

When I comment-out a line with one or two #'s in the first column of
the line (and similarly for other columns), Wing loses track of the
indentation level where the next non-commented line should go -- I hit
TAB and the line goes to column 1. It should ignore intervening
comment lines. I would say that in general the editor should ignore
everything starting with a # to the end of the line on which it
appears, just like the compiler, except for the few commands that deal
explicitly with commenting.

There is a similar issue with large chunks of code that are "commented
out" by enclosing them in triple quotes, but that's uncommon enough --
and subsequent code is unlikely enough to be related to what comes
before the commented out code -- that there's no point in worrying
about it.