[wingide-users] auto-select

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 18 15:25:50 MDT 2010

On 3/18/10 5:13 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
> Cool, thanks. This is not unrelated to the issue of selecting compound
> statements. Really, rectangles are different from blocks -- it might be
> useful to have both, but I think the syntactically knowledgeable version
> is best if there will be only one. Very weird to drag my mouse down and
> see my lines cut off at the length of the initial line! I just wanted to
> select an (unfortunately long) entire method and move it. Maybe you have
> suggestions for a better way.

The rectangle selection is not syntax aware, which matches vi's behavior
and that of other general purpose text editors.  The problem with short
lines has reportedly been fixed in the scintilla, the underlying editor
component that we use, so we should be able to fix those issues in a
future Wing release.

Line selection mode may match what you're trying to do to select a
method, though you could also use shift and arrow keys / page up / page
down.

Cheers,