[wingide-users] selecting blocks

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 12:06:29 MDT 2010

Is there a way to select statements, including compound statements?
I'm looking for the equivalent of match-brace for statements. I'd like
a click gesture that selects the enclosing statement as well as an
equivalent keystroke (which I can bind myself, given the command) that
starts from the cursor location. Repeating	the operation would extend
the selection outward to the enclosing suite, then the next enclosing
suite, etc. I'm not sure whether it should include the part of the
compound statement introducing the suite (e.g., the "if" of a
conditional) -- maybe it would first select the suite, then include
the "if" part, and repeating again would enclose an entire multi-suite
statement (try-except, if-else, if-elif-...-elif-else, and so on).