[wingide-users] Graphical tree browser?

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 11:06:28 MDT 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 12:03 PM, Wing IDE Support wrote:

> Wing's source browser does work on packages and subpackages.  It
> lacks the ability to list classes derived from a base class, but is
> anything else missing?  Or is the class hierarchy the primary thing
> you're looking for?  Docstrings are displayed in the source
> assistant rather than the browser pane.

I want a class hierarchy view. Sometimes a class in one file
subclasses a class in another file. I want to see the inheritance
relationships directly, though including the file and line number of
their definition, clickable to navigate there, would be very good. The
other problem with the source browser from this point of view is that
it shows to many other things. For this purpose I just want to see the
classes. It could even be a simple tree-widget view -- doesn't have to
be something fancy you have to invent. The only challenge using a tree-
widget is how to represent multiple inheritance. One way to do this is
to simply include a class under each of its superclasses, perhaps with
a marker or color to show that it has repeats elsewhere, and a way to
navigate there perhaps.