[wingide-users] Re: breakpoint at pass statement

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Mar 17 07:34:45 MDT 2010

On 3/16/10 6:32 PM, Avner Ben wrote:
> I have been inserting conditional pass statements for years. just for
> the purpose of breakpoint, (before there were conditional breakpoints),
> and it has always worked!

It often works but there are some cases where it doesn't.  Sorry for the
lack of precision but I forget the version where we verified that it
didn't work due to interpreter internals -- it may have been 2.2 or 2.3
which were current at the time but now are not widely used.

I personally tend to temporarily insert print statements for this purpose.

Cheers,