[wingide-users] vi yank/paste problem

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Mar 12 08:15:51 MST 2010

Max Slimmer wrote:
> I just installed the new version and saw changes were made to vi, was
> hoping that the problem with pasting multiple lines was fixed.
> if you:
> yj   # yank current and next line
> then p  # where cursor is in middle of some line I would expect it to
> paste in line mode ie add the lines following the current line.

I've increased the priority on this one and will try to fix it the next
time I work
on the vi mode.  Do you know if it would be acceptable to always do line
mode
pasting if the thing on the clipboard is >1 line?  Or would it be
specific to only
having used 'y' in vi mode?  (I'm thinking here of distinguishing
between text
copied from some other app and text yanked in vi mode)