[wingide-users] Annoyance of clearing the "search in files" query

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Wed Mar 10 07:21:25 MST 2010

This is a minor annoyance I have with Wing. Every time I do "search in
files", I have to remember to clear my query when I go back to programming,
otherwise it will take a lot of CPU to re-search every time I change
something.

So 2 suggestions:

1. Maybe someone can think of a way to avoid having to manually clear the
search box when done searching?
2. Can we have a smarter search algorithms? Like, if I search for "hist" and
then add an "o" to make it "histo", why do all the results get deleted and
the search is restarted? Can't it just filter the current results to see
which has "histo"?

--
Sincerely,
Ram Rachum