[wingide-users] Debug probe and Mocker test tools seems to clash

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Mar 9 12:54:40 MST 2010

On 3/9/10 9:53 AM, Xavier Masson wrote:
> I may be wrong or missing something obvious but it seems to me than the
> python shell in Wing is interacting in a weird way with the mocker library.
> I know mock libraries tend to do weird things with the python namespace

This is due the probing that the interactive shell does for
autocompletion.  It works if you turn autocompletion off in the shell,
though that limits the usability of the shell.  Wing's debugger has the
same problem if code is stepped through and it stops on the assert
exception that the mocker library seems to use for normal flow control.

It may be possible to hack mocker to ignore the probing that the shell
does for autocompletion (ignoring getting __dict__, for example) but I
have not tried, in part because it's not obvious how the mocker code works.

Cheers,