[wingide-users] help req : going into c from python during debugging

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Mar 8 08:51:54 MST 2010

On 3/8/10 5:57 AM, nadia raj wrote:
> I have already seen the Wing IDE reference manual
> http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/debug-c-cpp where is written how to
> integrate C++ and wing IDE together. This procedure is not working for
> me. I open GDB in shell and attach it with wing IDE and then press c
> (continue). Now everything works fine but I can not enter the code
> written in C++. All I want is that How can I see code written in c++
> running line by line.

Can you set breakpoints in your C code?  The program will stop in gdb
and not in Wing; you're using two independent debuggers.

> GDB is a command line tool and I dont like it. Is there any GUI based
> nice debugging tool for c++ like wing for python that can be attached
> with Wing IDE.

There are a number of them -- I suggest looking at the answers to this
question at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/79023/c-gdb-gui  I
personally use emacs' gdb integration, primarily because emacs was my
development environment before Wing.

Good luck!