[wingide-users] help req : going into c from python during debugging

nadia raj nadiaraj at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 03:57:46 MST 2010

Hi,

I am debugging a code written in python using Wing IDE. Python accesses blocks written in C++ and various blocks are connected in python. How can I see the code line by line running at C++ level where I can insert breakponts etc and do various things(step into, step over etc) that I do in wing IDE at python level.

I have already seen the Wing IDE reference manual http://www.wingware.com/doc/howtos/debug-c-cpp where is written how to integrate C++ and wing IDE together. This procedure is not working for me. I open GDB in shell and attach it with wing IDE and then press c (continue). Now everything works fine but I can not enter the code written in C++. All I want is that How can I see code written in c++ running line by line.

GDB is a command line tool and I dont like it. Is there any GUI based nice debugging tool for c++ like wing for python  that can be attached with Wing IDE.

Regards,
Nadia