[wingide-users] Pre-purchase consult

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Mar 5 08:46:05 MST 2010

Martín Villalba wrote:
> Hi, after using the trial version of Wing IDE Pro for a few days, I
> decided I'm going to buy a license; but I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) I develop both on Linux and FreeBSD, but there is no license option
> for FreeBSD, only a mention of the source code being available. Does
> this mean I can buy a single OS license, and then compile Wing IDE in
> FreeBSD and use it on both Linux and FreeBSD? Or would I have to buy a
> 2 OS license and use the other license on FreeBSD.

*BSD, Linux, and Solaris are considered separate OSes so you would need
a 2-OS
license in this case.

> 2) I read somewhere that Wing IDE and only be activated 3 times. Is
> this true? What if I need more activations? (I have 3 development
> platforms, always using 1 at the time. Plus, each machine gets an OS
> reinstall every 9 months or so.)

It's a per-developer license on the licensed OS(es) and can be activated
as many
times as needed for your work.  There is a default rate limit but we can
increase
that on request and there's also a self-service way of doing this that
is presented
when you run out of activations.

> 3) How do I go about getting the source code?

After your purchase, please fill out the NDA and send it to us:

http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/support/source-non-discl.pdf