[wingide-users] Debugging remote launched script

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 4 10:21:37 MST 2010

Marcin Krol wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> Yikes, I didn't set kWingHostPort = '192.168.56.1:50005' in
> wingdbstub.py. Sorry.
>
> However, now I have another problem: I opened the script in wing ide
> (over Samba), set a few breakpoints, but when I start the remote script,
> IDE visibly reacts by opening debugger toolbar for a second, but doesn't
> stop on any breakpoint!
>
> The docs say:
>
> http://www.wingware.com/doc/debug/importing-the-debugger
>
> #  Set any required breakpoints in your Python source code.
>
> Meaning set them in IDE? Or should I set them by invoking some functions
> in the source code of the remote script itself?

Set the breakpoints in the IDE as usual.

To diagnose the problem, raise a deliberate exception like this in your
code:

assert 0, "deliberate exception"

Then see if the IDE manages to bring up the file.  It may not because
you may need to set up a file location map if you are debugging host to
host.  That is documented here:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/file-location-maps

Please let me know if this does not help.