[wingide-users] Debugging remote launched script

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Mar 4 10:21:37 MST 2010

Marcin Krol wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Yikes, I didn't set kWingHostPort = '' in
> wingdbstub.py. Sorry.
> However, now I have another problem: I opened the script in wing ide
> (over Samba), set a few breakpoints, but when I start the remote script,
> IDE visibly reacts by opening debugger toolbar for a second, but doesn't
> stop on any breakpoint!
> The docs say:
> http://www.wingware.com/doc/debug/importing-the-debugger
> #  Set any required breakpoints in your Python source code.
> Meaning set them in IDE? Or should I set them by invoking some functions
> in the source code of the remote script itself?

Set the breakpoints in the IDE as usual.

To diagnose the problem, raise a deliberate exception like this in your

assert 0, "deliberate exception"

Then see if the IDE manages to bring up the file.  It may not because
you may need to set up a file location map if you are debugging host to
host.  That is documented here:

Please let me know if this does not help.