[wingide-users] Debugging remote launched script

Marcin Krol mrkafk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 10:13:51 MST 2010

Hello everyone,

Yikes, I didn't set kWingHostPort = '192.168.56.1:50005' in
wingdbstub.py. Sorry.

However, now I have another problem: I opened the script in wing ide
(over Samba), set a few breakpoints, but when I start the remote script,
IDE visibly reacts by opening debugger toolbar for a second, but doesn't
stop on any breakpoint!

The docs say:

http://www.wingware.com/doc/debug/importing-the-debugger

#  Set any required breakpoints in your Python source code.

Meaning set them in IDE? Or should I set them by invoking some functions
in the source code of the remote script itself?

Regards,
mk