[wingide-users] Perplexed

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Tue Jun 29 13:32:24 MDT 2010

On Sunday 27 June 2010, Michael Bentley elucidated thus:
> > It falls over in Wing IDE but the author assures me it works fine
> > when he tested it after I wrote to him. He had someone else test it
> > and it worked too on a windows platform ( which is what I’m using).
>
> If you're running it from within wingide, the block that begins with:
> > if __name__ == "__main__":
>
> is never evaluated.

Hmm...can you elaborate? 95% of my scripts use the the construct:

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

And they run just fine.  Wing doesn't import the module when it debugs,
it executes it.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com