[wingide-users] Perplexed

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jun 27 16:21:21 MDT 2010

On 6/27/10 5:52 PM, Brian Rowlands (Greymouth High School) wrote:
> New to both Wing IDE and Python and busily trying to get my head around
> threads when I tried a simple example off the WWW.
>
> It falls over in Wing IDE but the author assures me it works fine when
> he tested it after I wrote to him. He had someone else test it and it
> worked too on a windows platform ( which is what I’m using).

How does it fail for you in Wing?  Is there an exception?

BTW, gtk for Windows can only be used from a single thread; see
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Threads.html (the 4th
paragraph under description).  It's ok if you do have multiple threads,
but only one can make gtk calls.  I don't think this is the problem with
this example, but it's something to keep in mind.