[wingide-users] Auto browser refresh on save and fuzzy search

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jun 27 11:07:28 MDT 2010

On 6/27/10 6:18 AM, Lakshman Prasad wrote:
> One of the sub optimal things of my development process, for web
> development is the need to refresh the browser on each change.
>
> There is a very good vim way to refresh firefox on save:
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Refresh_Firefox_(preserving_scroll)_on_Vim_save,_using_MozRepl
>
> I'm curious, how to do a similar thing on wing, for chrome.

To do something on save, you can connect save-point signal on the
document object in a Wing extension script.  I don't know how to refresh
in Chrome from a script.

> Also of interest, I'd like to know what wing implements for the feature
> Ctrl+Shift+O open functionality (which I use too often). ido.el
> :http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InteractivelyDoThings seems to be very
> good fuzzy search, with an option of opening files from the buffer,
> project or the filesystem for emacs. I'd love a similar implementation,
> or pointers to how other achieve the same in wing.

Wing's algorithm for open from project is basically to find the search
fragment in the name (it's a bit more complicated than that).  Are you
asking for details of how it's done in Wing or suggesting that it could
be improved?