[wingide-users] Problems starting Shell in Wing IDE 101

Muss, Jordan muss at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 16 15:28:21 MDT 2010

I have Wing IDE 101 3.2.9-1 running on a Windows XP machine. When I try
to launch the shell I get the following errors:

Could not start debug process::Could not launch debugger for "C:\Program
Files\Wing IDE 101 3.2\src\debug\tserver\_sandbox.py".  The python
interpreter "c:\OSGeo4W\bin\python.exe" may not exist.

Could not launch debugger for "C:\Program Files\Wing IDE 101
3.2\src\debug\tserver\_sandbox.py".  The python interpreter
"c:\OSGeo4W\bin\python.exe" may not exist.

I have set the python executable using the 'Python configuration' dialog
box, but it still can not open the shell. I have also tried
c:\Python25\python.exe. It always has the correct executable in the
message, but never works. What could be wrong?

--
Jordan Muss
Forest Landscape Ecology Lab