[wingide-users] script to switch to Debug I/O and (re)start (was: I can't always figure out how to execute a simple command from a script)

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 11:27:30 MDT 2010

Even better, since it allows me to do something I've wanted to do all
along: restart if debugging, start if not. Here's the complete script:

def my_restart(app=wingapi.kArgApplication):
     app.ExecuteCommand('show_panel', panel_type='debug-io')
     if app.CommandAvailable('debug_restart'):
         app.ExecuteCommand('debug_restart')
     else:
         app.ExecuteCommand('debug_continue')
                           # 'debug_continue' is a  slightly
misleading name:
                           # if not debugging, this "starts" rather
than "continues"