[wingide-users] Breakpoint hits without stopping?

Mitchell L Model MLMConsulting at Comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 12:13:09 MDT 2010

Wing has a nice selection of breakpoint features, but it doesn't have
any support for tracing execution paths. (Python's trace module can be
used for that.) It occurred to me that a slight addition to Wing's
breakpoint features could offer at least a partial trace
functionality: I would like a way to set a breakpoint so the program
doesn't stop at that line of code but it does record execution of that
line as a breakpoint "hit". It could be a separate counter
("executed", perhaps,  to leave "hit" with its current meaning).