[wingide-users] Causing and Error with the Debug Probe Stops the Debugging

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jun 4 07:17:31 MDT 2010

Clark Kogan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using wingide professional. If I am trying to debug a program,
> and during the debugging process, I type an invalid command in the
> Debug Probe, then the debugging stops, and I have to run the program
> again.
> Is there some way allow invalid commands in the Debug Probe without
> exiting the debug process?

Generally an invalid command should just print the traceback and not
exit.  If the command actually crashes the debug process that is of
course another story.  Can you check whether this command executed at
that point in the code (by adding it to your sources) would also crash
the process outside of Wing's debugger?  If it does not, please let us
know more about the command that is causing this.