[wingide-users] Suggested Feature for Search and Replace

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 1 11:32:09 MDT 2010

On 01/06/2010 15:39, Mike Driscoll wrote:
> On 1:59 PM, David Taylor wrote:
>>
>> In the Search and Replace Options list, it would be nice to have an
>> option 'Ignore text in triple quotes and comments'. I tend to use
>> full words as variable names wherever possible for readability, and I
>> also tend to comment my code extensively. The result is that when I'm
>> searching on or changing a variable name or a text value, I sometimes
>> get as many hits in my comments as I do in the code, and I have to
>> keep cycling through to make sure I've caught all & only the hits in
>> the code.
>>
>> BTW, I'm sure you are aware that, at least under Windows, pop-ups in
>> the lower-right corner such as the S&R Options list often fall off
>> the screen & require that I move Wing over to the left so I can see
>> them. And I'm sure that's on your list for the GTK update...
>>

> Why would you change the variable names in your code, but leave the
> old names in your comments? Doesn't that make the comments confusing?

He is saying that because he uses full words as variable names those
*words* also tend to appear in comments and strings.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.