[wingide-users] debugging Django thru mod_wsgi

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 21 14:48:18 MDT 2010

Chris Curvey wrote:
> I'm using Wing 4 to debug a Django issue.  The problem is definitely
> related to multiple overlapping requests, and I can only reproduce it
> when calling my Django site via Apache + mod_wsgi.
>
> The thing is, Wing is only catching the breakpoints sometimes.  When
> it works, it's wonderful and I'm happy, but when it doesn't work, I
> have no idea why.
>
> I am also sometimes running the straight Django serve and talking to
> that directly, so maybe I'm confusing Wing about what debug messages
> it should pay attention to?
>
> anybody got a recipe for making this work?

I think the issue is that the overlapping requests come in semi-random
order/timing and you're only reaching the breakpoint if the right
request connects to the IDE.  The IDE can only service one debug
connection at a time so any requests that occur during another will not
be debugged.

I suspect there's a way to serialize requests, either at the mod_wsgi
level or perhaps even in the browser.  If so, that would be a work-around.