[wingide-users] Debugging internally started python processes

Edward Diener eldiener at tropicsoft.com
Tue Jul 20 18:49:17 MDT 2010

I am trying to debug a script where python is being reinvoked using
os.system('someCommand'), where the 'someCommand is first 'python
someScript.py someParameters' on one line and is then 'someScript.py
someScriptParameters' in another line.

How can I get the debugger to debug whatever Python scripts are being
invoked in this way from within a script which I am already debugging ?

Do I need to follow the Advanced Debugging Topic | Debugging Externally
Launched Code topics ? If so, how can I setup these two situations where
I can debug into these os.system calls ? I do have the ability to change
the script I am trying to debug but I do not want to do it, if possible,
in such a way where I must change the os.system calls into something
else since that seems to be where the problem lies I am trying to solve.
Needless to say the script just hangs somewhere in one of the scripts
being called by the second of the os.system calls and I am trying to
find out why.