[wingide-users] Question

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 20 12:18:18 MDT 2010

cool-RR wrote:
> I just learned about Ctrl-Shift-T. Is there something like that that
> can search for any object? For example, it happens a lot that I want
> to go the definition of a certain object by name. For example
> "garlicsim.misc.persistent.CrossProcessPersistent". It would be nice
> if instead of navigating files, I could just type that string (With
> autocompletions doing 90% of the typing for me) and be taken to the
> definition.
>
> This seems kind of similar to Ctrl-Shift-T. Is there a way to make it
> behave like this?

Ctrl-Shift-T currently searches only symbols defined in the current
scope so won't help in this case.

It sounds like what you want is essentially this dialog w/ global scope
and the same completion you would get if you typed "import
garlicsim.misc.persistent.CrossProcessPersistent".  We do want to add
something like that eventually.