[wingide-users] Multiple Instance Behavior

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Mon Jul 19 14:59:58 MDT 2010

On 7/19/2010 1:48 PM, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On 7/19/10 1:46 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
>>> It could and probably should be an option.
>>
>> I'd be grateful if you could add this to The List. I would suggest that
>> "multiple instance" is the most common behavior for Windows programs.
>> Some programs offer an option to select "Single instance only".
>
> It is on the to do list, incidentally because of requests for a single
> instance option, even when started multiple times from the start menu.
> There are enough requests for single instance behavior that we won't
> change the default without adding an option.

Thanks. Just one more thing to clutter your list...

IMHO, the --new option doesn't behave as expected. It always opens the
last-opened project and promptly gives an error because that last opened
project is locked. When I'm opening it to get a "new" instance of Wing, I would
almost never want to open the same project twice. IMHO it should open with no
project loaded.

Or else there needs to be yet another option to load empty or somesuch.

Thanks,
Michael