[wingide-users] Multiple Instance Behavior

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Mon Jul 19 11:46:45 MDT 2010

On 7/19/2010 10:23 AM, Wing IDE Support wrote:
> On 7/17/10 6:27 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
>> Can someone tell me a way to get 'multiple instance' behavior out of
>> Wing or some way to supply --new to it upon startup?
>
> One way to do this is to open Wing from the start menu, which always
> starts a new instance.

Ok, this will work pretty well. I pinned it to the Win 7 start menu and it
maintains a list of recently opened .wpr's so it makes for fairly convenient
access to my projects.

>> FWIW, I think "multiple instance" ought to be the default behavior. Any
>> chance we could make it so?
>
> It could and probably should be an option.

I'd be grateful if you could add this to The List. I would suggest that
"multiple instance" is the most common behavior for Windows programs. Some
programs offer an option to select "Single instance only".

Michael