[wingide-users] Multiple Instance Behavior

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jul 19 09:23:52 MDT 2010

On 7/17/10 6:27 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> This is great but now that I'm on (the very dumbed-down) Windows 7, I
> cannot find any way to supply that command line argument to Wing when
> clicking on an associated file (.wpr). Such was pretty easy in older
> versions of Windows, but they've completely hidden it now.
>
> Can someone tell me a way to get 'multiple instance' behavior out of
> Wing or some way to supply --new to it upon startup?

One way to do this is to open Wing from the start menu, which always
starts a new instance.  As for the explorer, it ought to work to create
a shortcut for wing.exe that has the --new argument, then to select a
.wpr file and specify the shortcut w/ --new to open it.

> FWIW, I think "multiple instance" ought to be the default behavior. Any
> chance we could make it so?

It could and probably should be an option.

Cheers,