[wingide-users] Git error in Wing

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jul 19 08:19:47 MDT 2010

On 7/17/10 3:04 PM, Michael Hipp wrote:
> Any time I'm working on a project that uses Git whenever I start or stop
> Wing I get this error:
>
> git.exe - System Error
> The program can't start because libiconv2.dll is missing from your
> computer.
> Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I suspect a PATH issue.  Are you running command line git from with a
msys shell?  If so, it probably adds directories to the PATH.  I suggest
doing a search for libiconv2.dll and inspecting the value of PATH in the
command line.

Note that in general it's better to figure out why this is failing that
to download a new copy of the .dll -- you may end up with multiple
copies that are different version that cause problems.