[wingide-users] customizing kill-line

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jul 15 09:22:43 MDT 2010

On 7/14/2010 10:37 PM, David Underhill wrote:
> Can I customize kill-line's implementation?  I'd like to have always
> kill through the EOL character(s) even if there are other character(s)
> on the line.

You can do this via scripting.  The function would be:

def kill_line_with_eol(ed=wingapi.kArgEditor):

   doc = ed.GetDocument()
   start, end = ed.GetSelection()
   end_lineno = doc.GetLineNumberFromPosition(start)
   if end_lineno + 1 < doc.GetLineCount():
     kill_end = doc.GetLineStart(end_lineno + 1)
   else:
     kill_end = doc.GetLineEnd(end_lineno)
   doc.DeleteChars(start, kill_end - 1)

Cheers,