[wingide-users] Impressions and feedback from a new user

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 14 08:56:15 MDT 2010

On 7/13/10 9:35 PM, Phil Vandry wrote:
>> Assuming you were using the default keyboard personality in Wing, this
>> should work.   Can you verify that you have unchecked "Enable Key
>> Equivalents Under X11" in the X11 server's preferences?  When that is
>
> I suppose I am not using the default keyboard personality ("Normal")
> nor the MacOS one ("OS X") because I'm using the vi one and they're
> mutually exclusive.
>
> As for the "Enable Key Equivalents Under X11", it's funny you should
> suggest that because I'm pretty sure I got a dialog box recommending
> that I turn that *off* the first time I ran the software.

Just to clarify, the suggestion was to uncheck this which turns it off.
  But with the vi mode, the command keys aren't bound so this will have
little effect unless you want to bind the command keys.

> What I'd really like to explore if why middle-click pasting doesn't work.
> I initially reported that it didn't work but I've now discovered that
> it's only within one editing window that it doesn't work. Between
> different editing windows, it works fine!

In my tests, it looks like this works when the editor is not split but
sometimes fails when the editor is split so two files are visible.  I
see this on both Linux and OS X so it's likely not platform specific.

Cheers,