[wingide-users] Impressions and feedback from a new user

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 7 11:34:57 MDT 2010

Matt Calder wrote:
> Not to sound, well, whiney, but I am a bit miffed that the original
> poster, a potential customer, got a heck of a lot more attention than
> I, an actual paying customer, did to my complaint.
>
> Matt
>
> ####################################
> On 4/22/10 4:44 PM, Matt Calder wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I have a small complaint about WingIDE, maybe my problem can be
>     configured away. When highlighting with the mouse, I can middle-mouse
>     click to paste the highlighted text to a new location. Great. However,
>     if I left-click on the destination (which I habitually do) the click
>     seems to invalidate the original selection, and so a middle mouse
>     button pastes nothing.
>

> It looks like Wing isn't following the X convention here and
> unfortunately there isn't an option to change this.  We'll try to fix
> this in a future version.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

I think John was reading your email as a report of a non-critical bug,
whereas the one I responded to was clearly listing some show-stoppers.
I'll take your follow-up to indicate that it's more problematic in your
day to day work than we thought.

The bug you reported is also a bit harder to fix.  I would prefer to
upgrade the underlying code editor (Scintilla) first since that is where
the fix is needed and much has changed in how selections are handled.
This may mean it will only be fixed in Wing 4+.  What version are you using?