[wingide-users] autocompletion

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Fri Jan 29 10:00:40 MST 2010

On 29/01/10 Wingware Support did say:

> I don't know that much about Django internals.  How does it end up
> finding them?  If there is a main entry point that sets sys.path then
> you can set this as the main debug file in Wing IDE and it may
> automatically detect the path. If not, you need to manually add them.
>
> I somewhat suspect that Django is designed so you simply add the models
> directory to the path and then do "import MyAppName" instead. If the
> models directory has an __init__.py file in it, then this is the case.

Yes, each application subdirectory is a python module namespace, but they are
defined in the main settings.py file.

For example, from my settings.py:

INSTALLED_APPS = (
    'django.contrib.auth',
    'django.contrib.contenttypes',
    'django.contrib.sessions',
    'django.contrib.admin',
    'servermanager.lib',
    'teleworker.advanced',
    'teleworker.dashboard',
    'teleworker.icps',
    'teleworker.clients',
    'teleworker.metrics',
    'teleworker.proxies',
    'teleworker.lib',
    'teleworker.js',
    'teleworker.scrc',
    'teleworker.cluster',
)

teleworker is the name of my current project directory, which also has an
__init__.py in it. One always adds this directory to the PYTHONPATH of the
hosting web server in one way or another. Through the settings.py file it then
discovers the rest of the application.

Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522