[wingide-users] autocompletion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jan 29 09:46:07 MST 2010

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 29/01/10 Wingware Support did say:
>
>> Is "instance" defined anywhere? Wing still requires that it gets defined
>> somehow/somewhere. If it is, is Wing finding the module? You could try
>> typing "TugInstance." or using goto-definition on it to see if Wing IDE
>> can find that.  If not, you may need to add to your Python path in
>> Project Properties.
>
> It's not finding the definition. My project home directory is a Django project
> directory, with all the apps in subdirectories. Do I need to manually add all
> those directories to the python path?

I don't know that much about Django internals.  How does it end up
finding them?  If there is a main entry point that sets sys.path then
you can set this as the main debug file in Wing IDE and it may
automatically detect the path. If not, you need to manually add them.

I somewhat suspect that Django is designed so you simply add the models
directory to the path and then do "import MyAppName" instead. If the
models directory has an __init__.py file in it, then this is the case.