[wingide-users] autocompletion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Jan 29 09:02:15 MST 2010

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using WingIDE with Django, and I noticed that Wing isn't making any method
> suggestions on my variable referencing a model class. I seem to recall that
> due to Python's dynamic nature, Wing needs suggestions like assertions to help
> it figure out what type my variable is, so I did:
>
> from dashboard.models import TugInstance
>
> def foo():
>     assert( isinstance(instance, TugInstance) )
>
> But when I type "instance." it's still not autocompleting.
>
> What more do I need to do to help the IDE?

Is "instance" defined anywhere? Wing still requires that it gets defined
somehow/somewhere. If it is, is Wing finding the module? You could try
typing "TugInstance." or using goto-definition on it to see if Wing IDE
can find that.  If not, you may need to add to your Python path in
Project Properties.