[wingide-users] Code navigation and type inferencing

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jan 29 06:12:36 MST 2010

Hello guys,

Two more feature requests for wing code navigation / type inferencing.

A common pattern in my code (and generally I think) is to assign to an
instance member *twice*. To initialise in the __init__ method to None
and then later to assign a real value.

If I use goto definition Wing invariably takes me to the initial None
assignment which is invariably *not* what I want. Additionally Wing will
not offer me autocompletion on members initialised to None - presumably
because it is uncertain of the type.

As initialising to None is a common special case it would be nice if
code navigation and auto-complete could handle it... :-)

All the best,

Michael Foord

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree, on behalf
of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising
from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have
entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and
assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release
me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.