[wingide-users] Bug in wingide ?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 26 19:13:06 MST 2010

Deepankar Sharma wrote:
> I am sorry I was not aware of this feature in Wing, once I disable the
> pause at AssertionError things work as intended.

Glad you got it working. Note that aside from removing AssertionError
from the list of exceptions that Wing always reports, you can also check
the "ignore this exception location" box in the Exceptions tool.

Clearly it varies by code base, but certain exceptions are fairly likely
to indicate a problem in the code, rather than a normal/expected
condition.We used to include NameError in the default list of exceptions
to always report, but unfortunately several of the commonly used web
frameworks use this for normal exceptions, and this often confused
beginners. Once you get familiar with the exception reporting options in
Wing, you can set this up however you like.