[wingide-users] More rants

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Wed Jan 20 10:34:02 MST 2010

While I'm in ranting-mode:

- When dragging a code file into Wing from explorer, if the file is empty it
won't be opened.

- When navigating through the files and folders in "Project", pressing Enter
opens a file but doesn't open a folder.

- The "Context menu" keyboard key on Windows doesn't work. I love that key!

- Sometimes when I press the "Options" menu in the Python shell, the menu
appears in a position which is too far to the right, and half of it is out
of the screen. I have learned that I have to click outside it so it
disappears, then I open it a second time and it appears in the correct
position.

- I don't know how it's called, but above the code area there are two
selection boxes for class and method. I find that scrolling through these is
painful because I have to keep the mouse button pressed. I'd prefer if it
had one-click-stay-open-until-I-select behavior.

- When there is selected text in the editor, and you press Ctrl + Backspace,
it doesn't delete the selected text but only text before it. Maybe this is
intended though, I'm not sure.

Ram.