[wingide-users] Undo Rules

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 19 21:46:50 MST 2010

Robert wrote:

>>> Ok, one odd thing I noticed - is that IMMEDIATELY after I" "Execute
>>> Current File" (I mapped it to F8), the undo/redo is grayed out.
>>> After about 3~5 seconds "undo/rebo" comes back.
>>>
>> I see this also in that focus is being placed onto the OS commands tool.
>> However, in my case, I need to click back on the editor before undo/redo is
>> available again. So I'm not certain I'm seeing the same thing as you are.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>>
>> Stephan Deibel
>> Wingware | Python IDE
>> Advancing Software Development
>>

> Yes, have to click the editor to have undo come back....it's like a phantom

The design is to have undo and redo be focus-specific, rather than
assuming they are only for
the current editor.  This allows undo/redo to also work in tools where
appropriate.  That's
the theory, although in practice I believe it is not used in most tools
so we should perhaps
change this to make it always operate on the current editor regardless
of focus.

Thanks for pointing this out.