[wingide-users] RE: IronPython CodeCompletion

Larry Richards larry at source1.jp
Sun Jan 17 14:00:01 MST 2010

This seems to have been solved by downloading the IronPython 2.6 source
code, adding it to the IronPython directory, and re-generating the PI files.
Can't say for sure that this was the cure, but it seems to be working fine
now.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm having difficulty getting CodeCompletion to work with IronPython.  I'm
using Windows 7, IronPython 2.6, and Wing IDE 3.2.3-1.

I first created the PI file directory, then added this to the "Interface
File Path." Then I generated the PI files using the generate_pi.py script.
That seemed to work well enough, and I got a directory full of about 7.5 MB
of pi files.

At that stage, I should be able to type "import System," and Wing is
supposed to recognize the .NET objects.  However, no such luck.  I must be
doing something fundamentally wrong, although I think I'm following the
instructions to the letter.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/wing-how-to.shtml

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,