[wingide-users] RE: Wing and DirectPython again

Simon Pickles sipickles at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 14 04:08:33 MST 2010

>On 1/12/10 12:05 PM, Simon Pickles wrote:
>>/  A while back I wrote about strange problems with Wing and DirectPython.
/>>/  DP is basically just calls into the C API, wrapping DirectX.
/>>/  Wing has two major flaws with this situation. Breakpoints and
/>>/  exceptions. Both cause Wing to hang if they occur after the DirectPython
/>>/  DirectX device has been created (and the window, if that has any bearing).
/>>/  It is like the app is waiting for the debugger which is waiting for the app... Any suggestions?
>There can be an issue with the floating point precision mode.  Are you
>running with the mode set to single precision (24 bit)?

I think I was, yes.

I changed my code to create a DirectX device with the D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE flag, as specified here:

Unfortunately the debugger still won't resume after a breakbpoint.

Any other ideas very welcome.