[wingide-users] handing control from application to debugger

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jan 13 14:10:31 MST 2010

On 1/13/10 2:57 PM, Mitchell L Model wrote:
> Is there a clean way for my application to hand control to the debugger
> -- i.e., act as if a breakpoint had been set at a certain line of code?

Probably the easiest way to do this currently is to define something like:

def break():
   try:
     assert 0
   except AssertionError:
     pass

and then call break() where you want to stop.  You'll stop, but the
stack will be one frame below where you want.

We plan on adding a better way of doing this in a future release.

Cheers,